Friday, February 4, 2011

February 4 – “One simple point of connection”

 

Yesterday and today were major income tax preparation days for me.  I went through all our files and papers and gathered them together so I could send them in to our tax guy.  What fun. 

 

We were hoping for some snow today, but still haven't seen any.  Our car and plants and anything else outside were covered with a thin film of ice, though.  And our Weatherbug kept saying we might get some.  Then around 11:00 it changed and said we might get rain.  The humidity around here is already 100% officially, so why not throw in a few snow flurries?  The kids would be ecstatic.  Oh, well.  Not up to me. 

 

The wireless mouse I use in my laptop developed some problems this morning.  Everything works fine except the left click button.  Now nothing happens. Amazing the effect one simple point of connection can have on electronic stuff.  Kind of like how one simple touch with Jesus can change your whole outlook on life.  At least I can still use the laptop pad.  Guess I'll have to make a WalMart run and get another one. 

 

I have had a statement saved to the bottom of this file for several weeks now.  It says, "February is too cold to be playing baseball.  It's a summer game."  I wrote it back when Jachin was playing Fall baseball.  Christina and Kel told us that the next season begins in February.  I remember playing baseball in February, and I didn't like it.  Way too cold.  Now I'll have to come up with another random thought to ponder at the bottom of the page every day. 

 

My Uncle Jerry came over today.  He was here yesterday, too, but I saw on FaceBook that he was without power at his house in Spanish Grant, so I invited him to come over and get warm.  First thing he did was scan through our cable TV stations to see if we get Fox News.  I don't think he ever found it, but he finally settled in for a cup of coffee. 

 

Stay warm, everybody!

 

Psalms 35:9 says, "My soul shall be joyful in the Lord; it shall rejoice in his salvation."

 

Father, thank you for our connection, our touch.  It means everything to me.  Amen.


No comments: