Wednesday, February 16, 2011

February 16 – “Patients”

 

Happy Birthday, Josh.

 

It felt like that funeral mode struck with a vengeance yesterday.  Well, something struck about 12:30 in the morning and didn't let go until sometime last night.  It was one of those "coming out of both ends" experiences.  Miserable, you can be sure.  I was glad I had already written the blog post for yesterday before I went to bed.  All I had to do was push send on one of my trips back to bed.  I slept most of the time I wasn't in the bathroom, so when I started feeling some better last night, it was already after 10:30.  Then I wasn't sleepy.  So I stayed in the living room and worked crossword puzzles.  Then I got hungry.  All I could handle was about half an apple, but it was good.  Then I realized I couldn't remember the last time I had something to drink.  I finally dozed off and on until around 7:30 or so.  A shower felt great, but now I have a headache.  That reminded me that I haven't had any of my medication for two days, so the pills are here on the desk in front of me.  Not much is more unappetizing than a handful of pills after a day or two like these.  Onward and upward.  Or, to be more appropriate, down the hatch.

 

Chris took Mom to the doctor yesterday.  She had been complaining of being dizzy and having a bad headache.  The doctor gave her a clean bill of health except for a urinary tract infection.  This morning, though, she said she feels dizzy and like she is going to fall, even when she is sitting down

 

God bless my wife.  She handles her patients masterfully.

 

Psalms 145:4-7 says, "One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts.  They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, and I will meditate on your wonderful works.  They will tell of the power of your awesome works, and I will proclaim your great deeds.  They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness."

 Father, please take care of Mom.  I don't know what she needs, but I know you do.  And keep Chris strong.  Amen.


No comments: