Wednesday, February 23, 2011

February 23 – “Legit”

 

I actually got invited to go fishing today.  In a boat.  It has been a long time since I have had that honor.  I checked out one of my reels.  I set out my tackle box and my tackle vest and my floppy fishing hat.  And when I woke up this morning I checked the Weather Bug.  Actually I walked outside first.  That was my first clue.  It was pretty foggy here, so that meant the fog over the water would be much worse.  I checked my email, and sure enough, my host said it was an official "fog-out."  He graciously offered the use of his dock so we could cast into the canal by his house. 

 

That's when it hit me that I hadn't checked my fishing license lately.  Well, that and the fact that I forgot to get our truck inspected for several months until yesterday.  I never got stopped or anything.  Just happened to notice it.  Sure enough, my fishing license was expired.  Shows how long since the last time I went.

 

I finally went on up to the school to check in on things there.  Once again, things were going smoothly and the intangible atmosphere (vibes?) was calm.  I got some more work done to prepare for the discernment meeting Sunday.  I wanted to make some copies of a handout, but the color printer at my desk was out of toner.  I'll do it later on with my home printer.

 

I talked to Chris around 10:00, she told me Mom was dizzy and light-headed again.  She said we were out of the juice that Mom likes (cran-apple … yuk), as well as milk and fruit.  So I went by WalMart to pick up that stuff.  And while I was there I picked up a fishing license, too.  Feels good to be legit. 

 

I'll stick around and start back to work again here at my home office so I can be available to help Mom get around the house.  It'll be a lot more "interesting" later on.  Chris is keeping the grandkids (all but 2 of them, which should make 4 that will be here.  But then I was never all that great at Math) for the afternoon.  Cailyn's "older Brother" Scooter is even coming over to play with Fritz and Heidi.  That's give Mom something else to think about rather than her dizziness.  And we'll just have to zig zag through the inevitable obstacle course that will be created throughout the house.  Ah, the joys of intergenerational living.  I really do love it.  Never a dull moment.  I still have to prep for Life Group (home group's "official" descriptive name) and for the teaching for Sunday, so with  apologies to Blake (or whichever poet that was) I have miles to go and much to do before I sleep. 

 

Psalms 9:11 says, "Sing praises to the Lord, enthroned in Zion; proclaim among the nations what he has done."

 

Father, thank you for giving us the opportunity to experience life with four generations all together.  Amen.


No comments: