Saturday, October 29, 2022

October 29 - “Forked … and an impromptu watch party”

We’ve been forked. Yep.  That hideous tradition we discovered some month ago in Waco, and saw it reborn in Arlington, has made its way to Galveston.  By a strange coincidence, the forks that mysteriously appeared in our front yard, tines to the sky, showed up the very same week that our friends the Sprays, who were involved in the aforementioned debacle in Arlington, are here in Galveston on vacation. I’m not saying it was them by any means.  But it was somebody who was up to mischief in our front yard while we were engaged in Bible Study within …

 

I have officially started back on my back exercises. I guess I was never supposed to stop, but life happens. Not sure how long I’ll be able to keep them up this time. Why? Well, other than the fact that I have been really sore and not sleeping much, going forward I’ll have to factor in whatever physical therapy is to come for my hip. Wait.  I’m getting a little ahead of myself.

 

I went to the sports orthopedic doc yesterday. She told me to come back in two weeks, and if the insurance approves, she will shoot me in the hip with one of those really long needles. After the shot she arranged for me to go to physical therapy for as long as it takes.  We walked on over to the physical therapy department to nab an appointment slot for sometime after the shot takes place.  They actually had an opening at the very time I would be available (read here in town).  We took it.  So … two more weeks of hip pain and not much sleep.  Woohoo.

 

Last night we hosted an impromptu watch party for the opening game of the World Series. I got a text from Sam asking what I planned to do last night.  Sam is almost as big an Astros fan as I am, by the way, so her question was kind of a silly one.  I replied, “I was thinking about watching a Hallmark movie or two. Wanna come join us?”  The evening kind of morphed from there.  Sam came, as did Lauren and Ed.  Janell and Brennan even braved the rain to stop in for a while.  And the game?

 

We danced.  We cried.  We ate.  We sighed.  Let’s do it again tonight.

 

1 Corinthians 13:6 says, Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

 

Father, thank you for friends to share a baseball game with (and for guys like Ed who don’t mind joining me in a homer dance).  Amen.

No comments: