Friday, October 21, 2022

October 21 - “Wake -up call?”

Well, my old back woke me up at about 2:30. I got up and moved to my recliner so I wouldn’t keep Chris up. Also took a Tylenol to try to take the edge off. It worked enough for me to doze off a little bit. Well, at least until the neighbor’s dog discovered something that desperately needed barking at. And bark he did …


Later in the morning we walked a few miles. The back eased up some, but the hip kicked in. Never ending story. I do have an appointment coming up with the orthopedic doc who does the shots into the joint. After yesterday … bring it on.

 

The rest of the day we did our weekly (or in this case first time after three weeks) house cleaning. Home group folks were due to be here for the first time in three weeks, and Chris can’t have them showing up to a dusty house.

 

Speaking of home group, we had a full house for our return engagement. We are studying through the Bible, and we just got to the third chapter of 1 Samuel, where the boy Samuel first hears from God. The folks assured me that they really did miss getting together on Thursdays. I think what they really missed was wondering just what the next cliff-hanger was going to be …

 

Romans 15:5 says, May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had,

 

Father, thanks for the folks in our home group. Bless them with your joy. Amen.

No comments: