Wednesday, October 19, 2022

October 19 - “The drama continues”

After that midnight wake-up call I thought the drama was over for the day. But no. I had a chance to be neighborly before breakfast. Seems our neighbor locked herself out of her car at work and needed me to go over and wake up her husband so he could come rescue her. Hey. Never a problem to be a good neighbor. And I was awake anyway.

 

Later in that long morning I added a much-needed haircut and beard trim to my day. Chris had the rotten end of the deal this time. She was on the phone for an hour or two with the hospital and insurance company trying to resolve a billing issue that she has had to call about for the last three months in a row. They have someone listed as her PCP who she has never seen. After I was gone for an hour, I came home to her still sitting at the desk, on the phone, trying to sort things out. 8:30 a.m. to just before 1 p.m.  That’s a long time on the phone. And gist of it all? She had to file a grievance to get it kicked up to the next level and hope someone there knows what to do with it.

 

Last night we took Josiah to baseball practice. They kind of combined with another team, because neither had enough to scrimmage. I heard the coaches say something about it being too cold for some of them. Hmm. 65 degrees. Plenty cold enough for me. Josiah is actually one of the best players on his team. In fact, he was one of maybe three guys on the whole field who were good. He was especially good as catcher. And at bat?  He hit a line drive that rolled all the way to the fence. Proud DadDad moment here.

 

John 5:24 says, Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

 

Father, please help them figure out that insurance mess. Chris doesn’t need that stress. Amen

No comments: