Wednesday, October 26, 2022

October 26 - “Freezer Day”

Freezer day. That’s what it said on my calendar when I checked it yesterday. The day our new freezer will be delivered. The day our Blue Bell ice cream reclaims its rightful place in our world. 

 

But first, we had to do all the preparations to make ready its space (the freezer, not the Blue Bell).  It was to live in the laundry room area, so that entire space had to be cleared out.  Chris had been wanting to at least rearrange in there for some time, so here was her chance.  Meanwhile, I used the opportunity to straighten up the garage.  Several things did make it to the trash can, but it was mainly a rearrange out there as well.  One of our long-time projects that has been on hold was to switch out some shelves.  We moved the sturdy metal one that we had initially purchased to hold all the boxes of my books.  That one went into the laundry room in place of one of the plastic ones holding the games.  That plastic one went to the garage.  The other, smaller plastic one shifted over to hold some of Chris’ sewing stuff as well as the extra soft drinks.  It was quite the ordeal. 

 

Finally, the freezer arrived.   It always amazes me how two guys can madhandle an appliance like that to get it into place.  They didn’t have any trouble at all getting it through the door and plugged up into its proper space.  They also hauled the old one away. Now we just have to wait until later this morning to check it out temperature-wise, and it will be ready to load back up.  Thanks here to Lauren for baby-sitting some of the stuff we had in the old freezer that we couldn’t fit in our fridge. 

 

So … Got the freezer. Reloaded the room with less stuff. Still need more room. Sigh …

 

Psalms 28:7 says, The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.”

 

Father, thanks for working out all the details on this whole freezer thing.  Getting it here, sure.  But also giving us the stamina to pull off the preparations.  Amen.

 

No comments: