Wednesday, December 30, 2020

December 30 – “Ketchup Day”

Yesterday was officially one of those “ketchup days.”  No, I didn’t have hot dogs and French fries all day or anything.  I mean it was my day to “ketchup” on the work I usually get done on Mondays.  Since the kids were here until mid-afternoon on Monday, I didn’t get everything done that I usually do. 

 

So that meant buckling down and getting focused on sermons and websites and scripture passages and paying bills.  Speaking of paying bills, I guess that was my biggest plan for the day after my early prep for Sunday.  All of our insurances related to the house come due in early January.  That’s flood and windstorm and homeowners.  We also have property taxes and car insurance, not to mention an estimated income tax payment.  Yep.  January is always a huge hit for us around here.  We have to save up all year to cover one month.  Welcome to “Happy New Year” once again.  But hey, at least it’s not 2020 that we’re planning for anymore.

 

I know there were some college football bowl games on yesterday.  Seems like one was a close win for Oklahoma State.  Good for about half of you Okie Folks, I guess.  I understand the other half will get to cheer tonight when Oklahoma plays Florida in the Cotton Bowl.  And I didn’t stay up for the Texas game, but checking my ESPN app this morning, it looks like they really did a number on Colorado.  Sorry about that, to all my Colorado friends.  I saw that there is a bowl game on this morning called the Mayo Bowl.  Really?  When is the Mustard Bowl?  Or better yet, the Ketchup Bowl?

 

Well … two more days worth of 2020.  Anybody have any ideas for some last second craziness we can add to its resume?  If so … keep them to yourselves.  Please.

 

Matthew 5:44 says, “But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.”

 

Father, please keep us all safe through these next few days.  And it would be great to carry over that safe-ness to next year.  Amen.

No comments: