Tuesday, December 29, 2020

December 29 – “Team Sugarmuffin”

We were discussing breakfast choices yesterday.  When asked whether she preferred blueberry muffins or sugar muffins, AnnaGrace heartily replied, “I like sugar muffins” (Hence, my nickname for her).  I chimed in, that’s my favorite, too, and offered her a high-five.  She readily slapped my hand and added, “We’re Team Sugarmiffin.”  Yes, we are, my little Sugarmuffin.  Yes, we are.

 

Football was the order of the day when the LaMarque cousins re-emerged.  Luke was particularly excited.  That’s his game.  Unless we’re playing baseball.  That’s his game, too.  Or maybe basketball.  That’s his game as well.  Pretty much any game with a ball, Luke is right there on top.  I may or may not have managed to toss a pass or two.  It was not without objection, however.  Zak refused to hand me the ball.  He turned to Josh and said, “Dad, you are the ranking adult out here.  Do I give him the ball?”  Josh retorted, “Nope.  Nope.  Nope.  I won’t be responsible for this.”  Their worries ceased, however, when Chris came outside to check on things.  Josh readily abdicated his “ranking adult” status.  But by then I was already on the sidelines, replying to my lovely wife’s accusing stare with, “I don’t know what you are talking about …”

 

Later in the afternoon Uncle Nathan arrived.  Why is that such a momentous occasion?  Because he brings with him just enough Crazy Uncle status to carry the day and get another air soft war games going.  I went with the group this time to observe.  And it was just a crazy as I anticipated.  They split into teams and played capture the flag at first.  That round ended in a tie – one for each team.  Then they did a hide-and seek sort of game where one team had a minute to disappear.  At the end of their time, the other team sought them out.  Things didn’t go so well for the hideout team.  Once they were discovered, they were pummeled until they gave up.  Everyone seemed to have a great time, though. 

 

Oh, and Freddy received a few Christmas gifts last night.  The Geran’s came over from across the street with two little doggie toys for her.  She is usually pretty selective in who she accepts into her inner circle, but she kind of took to the little llama.  Guess she’ll just have to warm up to the stuffed pickle …

 

1 Corinthians 13:4 says, “Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.”

 

Father, thank you for our fun weekend with family.  And thanks for the family we have across the street and down at Seaside as well.  Amen.

No comments: