Tuesday, December 15, 2020

December 15 – “It may be for you …”

Old Bessie (my truck) wouldn’t start yesterday. Chris suggested I take her in my errands since it’s been a while since I have driven her. It’s been a bit too long. So I Took the car. I’ll Jump off ol’ Bessie later when it’s warmer. The temperature yesterday was 46 with windchill of 39.

 

So where was I headed that I couldn’t take care of auto mechanical things right away? Another important appointment. I had to meet the  bug guy at church. It was time for our regular roach spray treatment. We also have been seeing signs of mice taking refuge inside the building. He put out something to deal with them.

 

While at the church I went ahead and Changed the marquee. Couldn’t believe what I was putting up, though. Christmas Eve Candlelight Service, 6 pm.

 

I also put the Advent wreath candles in my office. Last week Someone lit them all before Sunday. Even the Christ candle. Kind of ruins the symbolism of one candle for each Sunday before Christmas. Fortunately we had one replacement set. Now we just have to hide them out after we meet until The Christmas Eve service.

 

I also Did some running around errands. I had to go to the Plumbing store first. One of our toilet flappers has a small crack in it. Water very slowly seeps away until the gauge detects it and shoots another stream. It’s for sure a water waster. Problem is, the Part costs $71. And I apparently have to remove tank to get it changed. I Decided to wait until I have some help for that task.

 

I did finally get to do something fun. I went to Walmart to get in some Christmas shopping. The one thing I was supposed to get wasn’t there. They were completely out. No, I’m not going to say what it was. It might be for you. I did managed to garner a few Dad Gifts, though. I think I am set on those except for one. Not saying who the holdout is at this time. It might be you.

 

Ok. That’s all for today. We are heading to the hospital for Chris’ second heart cath this morning. More to come on that one ...

 

Matthew 5:16 says, “In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.”

 

Father, please be with the docs and the nurses involved in this procedure this morning.  Give them an extra dose of wisdom so they can find the source of the pains Chris is having.  And be with her.  She could sure use some peace.  Guess I could, too.  Amen.

No comments: