Friday, December 11, 2020

December 11 – “Strange, right …”

I’ve been having some difficulties with my laptop lately.  Yesterday was “one of those days.”  Microsoft Word decided it didn’t want to load.  It just flickered for the slightest instant a blue rectangle that may or may not have had the Word logo in it.  It didn’t stay on the screen long enough for me to tell.  I was finally forced to do what any self-respecting computer owner has done hundreds of time over the course of a love-hate relationship with technology.  I restarted the computer.  This time it succumbed to my pleadings and allowed me in.  I don’t know.  Maybe I need to ask Santa for a new computer …

 

Yesterday was also home group day.  That meant it was also clean house day.  Chris was diving in like she always has to get the house ready for company.  She did let me help some.  I did the vacuuming.  I also tried to straighten up our bedroom a little bit.  That’s not on the regular Thursday list, because we can usually just close that door.  But the laundry stacked on our dresser did belong to me, so …

 

We had a pre-home group quick visit from Kel and his family.  He has started back to work at the post office following several weeks off for foot surgery.  He seems to be getting around pretty well.  Just has a barely noticeable slight limp.  They didn’t stay very long.  In fact when Christina announced departure time, Noa was flabbergasted.  She couldn’t believe they were actually in our house and couldn’t stay longer.  Love you, too, Noa …

 

It has been strange for me as a pastor to have folks in the hospital and not be able to visit them and pray with them.  The hospital has been pretty picky about who they let on the floor nowadays.  But on top of that I realized something.  I have been reluctant to be away from Chris for any length of time.  There’s this little voice in the back of my head that just keeps telling me to stick close by.  Strange, right?  But then, when have I ever been less than strange?

 

John 8:12 says, “When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, ‘I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.’”

 

Father, I’ve been thinking about the folks we know who have been in the hospital or who just need some relief.  Jim.  Baby Elle.  Sam.  Stephanie.  Chris.  Pat.  Watch over them, please?  Amen.

No comments: