Wednesday, December 23, 2020

December 23 - “Five stops”

I am now officially established.  That would be with a new family doctor.  Or PCP.  Or whatever they call themselves these days.  The doc I have been using for years decided to retire some months ago.  I was notified back then and urged to select a new doc from the list of those taking patients (not very many to choose from).  I picked one that I had seen once before when my doc was out.  And here we are, three or four months later, finally taking care of that medical chore.  It was the first appointment he had available.  Hope he’s not that difficult to see when I really need him. 

 

After the appointment and some lunch with Chris, I went the central fire station to deliver the Amish Friendship Bread that Chris made.  She makes a loaf for all the chiefs (Including the two main ones who run the show up there, Nora and Jenna, the administrative assistants).  The ones who have been there a while grabbed theirs and held on.  The new assistant chief immediately took his to the break room and heated up a few slices.  I think he’s sold now, too.  Merry Christmas, Guys.  I appreciate what you do.

 

On the way home I made two stops.  One was at Target, which was extremely crowded.  Kind of glad Chris wasn’t with me on this one.  I was looking for a particular Dad gift for one of my kids.  Didn’t find exactly what I wanted, but what I did find should work. 

 

Next stop was the AT&T store.  Chris has been needing a new phone desperately.  Hers won’t hold a charge any more and is notoriously unreliable.  So there’s her Christmas present this year.  They offered me a weirdly convoluted deal that seemed to make sense, but I think I may go back this morning and switch to something simpler.  Oh, don’t worry.  Chris knows.  I already gave Chris the present.  She almost didn’t open it because it’s not Christmas yet.  Almost.  But I wanted her to have it when the kids get here.  She needs to try out the new camera on it.  We’ll just swing in there on our way to get some groceries this morning.

 

And finally, last night we drove up into Texas to a little family birthday party for Ezra.  He turned four years old.  Each of his four siblings gave him a gift, as did Mom and Dad (and Nana and DadDad, of course), so he was properly feted.  A four-tier cake with Blue Bell ice cream followed.  Christmas Cookie, Confetti Cake, and Homemade Vanilla.  Can’t beat that selection.  We didn’t stay long after that, though.  I could tell Chris was sinking fast.

 

Luke 2:14 says, “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”

 

Father, thank you for the work the fire department guys put in … all the way from the chiefs to the crews in the stations to the admins in the office.  Bless them and keep them safe.  And be with Ezra as he grows and learns.  Draw him close to you.  Amen.

No comments: