Saturday, December 19, 2020

December 19 – “Carvin’ and Crashin’”

After Chris spent most of the day on her feet the day before, yesterday we decided she needed to slow down a bit.  Surprisingly, she agreed.  She crashed on the couch and even went in and took a full-on nap in the bed for about an hour.  I think she might need to schedule that into her day for the foreseeable future.  While she was crashing on the couch, I spent some time in the garage doing some carving.  It’s coming down to the wires.  Christmas is next week, and I lost some valuable carving time to hospital stints of one kind or another during my peak Christmas carving time – November and December.  I’m pretty sure Chris will get something.  It just won’t be as polished as I had hoped.

 

In the afternoon I took Chris to her doctor’s appointment.  This was one I don’t really understand the purpose for.  It was a hospital stay follow-up visit, but it was with her PCP rather than the cardiologist.  Something about keeping her on the same page.  That’s fine, I guess.  Until she started insisting Chris take supplements like iron and fish oil.  Good stuff, I suppose, but Chris is hesitant to take anything else until she gets an OK from her cardiologist.  Hence my confusion.  Why this appointment?  Why not just go straight to the cardiologist if you’re going to end up there anyway?  Oh, well.  It is another box checked off, at least. 

 

On our way home we stopped and dropped off a gift for our friends Mike and Celia.  We haven’t seen them since the Covid shutdowns, so it was good to catch up a little bit.  They are renovating an old historic home in the East End.  They are staying busy, but they have done a great job on the house so far.  They are finding it sometimes difficult to get contractors to accept the jobs they have, though.  Guess there is enough work that they can afford to be picky right now.  I can’t wait to see it when they get it finished.  Oh, and Celia loaded us down with seven or eight jigsaw puzzles.  Her family is really into the whole puzzle scene.  Thanks, Celia.

 

We also stopped at Kroger’s.  Had to.  Blue Bell ice cream is on sale right now, and we have some room in our freezer.  Magic combination, you know … Blue Bell and freezer space.  We saw one of the fire fighters there.  But we saw him on the aisle where Chris was looking for some healthy, no-salt seasonings.  He still saw the Blue Bell in our cart, though.  Hard to hide something so scrumptious.  Speaking of scrumptious, I’m pretty sure Randall’s has Blue Bell on sale as well.  I sense another field trip in our future …

 

Philippians 4:4 says, “Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again: Rejoice!”

 

Father, thank you for Mike and Celia and for Mark.  Bless them in their Christmas endeavors.  Amen.

No comments: