Tuesday, October 6, 2020

October 6 – “It wasn’t … it wasn’t … I didn’t …”

I visited a new car dealership yesterday.  No, it wasn’t to look for a new car for us.  It wasn’t to just look at the new cars.  It wasn’t even … I didn’t even go inside.  I was there as a chauffeur for Nathan.  He was taking their new car back in to have the windows tinted and get a squeak fixed.  Then he kept our car for the day to make it to a dentist appointment he had.  What fun for him.

 

I pretty much stuck around the house and worked on the teaching for next Sunday.  It was Monday, after all.  My busiest day.  I guess I must have been pretty focused, too.  I have no idea what Chris was doing with herself all morning.  In fact, after our traditional chat during breakfast, I didn’t see or hear from her until she asked if I was ready for lunch.  Guess she stayed busy …

 

We did break in time for the Astros game in the afternoon.  Glad we did, too.  They finally started hitting like they used to.  Three or four home runs and some timely singles here and there.  It’s hard to lose when you score ten runs in a game.  Now if they can just keep that up through this division series, then the AL Championship series, and finally in the World Series …

 

You know, we do still work on a jigsaw puzzle every now and then.  The one that’s on the table now is a one thousand piece beast.  It has been there for several weeks now.  The problem is that there are no distinct shapes or colors to match up.  Oh, when it’s all together it looks like wild horses running through a stream with unusual mountains in the background while being chased by a cowboy on horseback.  Really pretty.  But when divided into a thousand different pieces?  Not so much.  It’s just a mass of random dots and slashes of color.  We are getting there, though.  Slowly.  Very slowly. 

 

John 14:9 says, “Jesus answered, ‘Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time?  Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father.  How can you say, “Show us the Father”?’”

 

Father, thank you for the teaching ideas you give me from week to week.  I sure need inspiration like that.  Amen.

No comments: