Friday, October 23, 2020

October 23 – “48 degrees??”

Over the last two days I have worked on the sermon, but honestly, I was having a hard time staying awake.  Not that the teaching promises to be any more boring than usual.  It had just been a rough few nights.  Back aches on and off.  At least this time it had the good manners to alternates sides.  Last night wasn’t so bad, though.  And I managed to sleep until 6:15.  Of course that will be equivalent to 5:15 here in a week or so, with daylight savings time ending.  Guess my body is attempting to adjust a little early.

 

The highlight of our day yesterday was getting to pick up Cailyn and Lexie from school.  Cailyn finally started back to in-person schooling this week.  She kind of wanted to go full-in on homeschooling if she had to continue the distance learning provided by the school district.  What they are doing is just not very impressive.  Apparently, it would be more accurate to describe it as almost worthless.  But she seems to be liking the in-school approach.  I think her social butterfly self is responding to the face-to-face interactions.  Well, I guess that should be mask-to-mask interactions …

 

Once we dropped Lex off at home, we headed over to Whataburger to grab some supper for us as well.  They were set up for primarily serving drive-through customers.  A few parking spaces were reserved to those who called in orders and were getting the food delivered to their cars.  We parked and went inside to order.  I think it really surprised the workers.  They jumped to attention and treated us with great respect and kindness.  Way to go, Whataburger.  And our Dr Pepper shakes weren’t bad, either.

 

Well, I need to get my back exercises in before we leave for Luke’s birthday party in Waco.  I hear it’s supposed to be downright cold up there tomorrow.  Something like 48 degrees.  What does that even feel like?  I can’t remember the last time I have been in weather that cold.  Maybe on our Alaska cruise?  Guess I’ll break out the blue jeans …

 

Mark 8:35 says, “For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it.”

 

Father, Thanks for the afternoon with Cailyn.  They are always fun.  It has been great watching her grow up.  Watch over her and Lexie as they keep doing just that.  Amen.

No comments: