Saturday, October 3, 2020

October 3 – “Boxes … little boxes … big boxes”

I woke up yesterday with some back issues.  Imagine that.  I had some aching in my left side this time.  And that was exacerbated by intermittent more focused pains in my lower back.  Gradually, as my meds took effect and I was able to start moving around some, the pain calmed down some.  Guess this is part of my new normal. 

 

We left the house around 8:30 to go up to the church.  We were determined to organize the school curriculum we have up there.  Several families have indicated that they are getting more and more serious about homeschooling, so we wanted to know what resources we have that may be helpful to them.  Apparently the Covid online classes haven’t been very successful.  Neither are the on-site ones.  It would entail a bit of an overhaul of our storage area, though.  And that meant moving stuff.  Lots of stuff.  Heavy boxes, in particular.  And Chris wouldn’t let me pick up heavy stuff.  But even with her own back issues, she insisted that she could pick up heavy stuff.  And she did.  You know what?  Between us we are a hot mess. 

 

We did get a handle on what was there though.  Curriculum for several grade levels from pre-kindergarten to even some high school.  Plenty of that blank ruled paper for writing stuff.  Even some of the learn-to-write lined paper for the little guys.  Empty notebooks and folders.  Construction paper.  We also rearranged the cartons of supplies on hand for doing crafts and the like.  We also uncovered some more things that will work well in the church library.  Now we just need someone who will take the time to take that library on as a personal project.  It needs a lot of work, too.  Surprisingly, we only threw away two garbage bags full of stuff.  Hope we can help somebody after all that.

 

Yes, my back was pretty much killing me when we got home.  I did my stretching exercises, though.  Gott keep on pushing through.  I took a nap, too.  Hard to tell which was best for my situation at the time, exercise or nap?  Hmm.  The question of the ages …

 

Proverbs 13:20 says, “Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm.”

 

Father, thank you for the chance we have to help a different segment of folks.  Amen.

No comments: