Thursday, October 29, 2020

October 29 – “Off to … wait”

Sigh …

 

It sure sounds like a pretty boring life when the highlight of the day is almost finishing the turtle and the airplane on your jigsaw puzzle.  Yep.  Didn’t finish either one, but at least they are on the board now.  And what do a turtle and an airplane have in common?  No idea.  If you want to go there, though, this puzzle also includes a pair of old boots, a white seal, a seagull or three, an aircraft carrier, a Chinese fishing vessel, and is centered with two giant albatross birds that appear to be madly in love.  You tell me what the rhyme or reason is with it.

 

I did get the first of three anticipated phone calls from the surgery folks.  This one instructed me to show up at a clinic on the fifth floor of the University Hospital Clinic Building for my … drumroll here … Covid test.  Routine procedure required for everyone getting any kind of surgical procedure.  Unless you’re showing any kind of symptoms.  That was followed by a rather frantic, “You’re not showing any symptoms, are you?”  Nope.  All good here so far.  Now I’m all set for my lovely Covid brain extraction this morning at 9:45.  WooHoo.

 

One of the other two expected calls will be from the surgery unit itself, telling me when to be there and what to expect.  That’s not supposed to happen until Friday.  The other one is from the business office, so I can assure them they will get their money.  That one was supposed to happen on Monday, but I haven’t heard from them yet.  Not that I anticipate falling through the cracks.  They’ll get their money, I’m sure. 

 

OK.  I’m off to … well, to wait for 9:15 or so.  That’s when we’ll leave for the test.  Maybe I can finish an airplane … or a turtle … or a flower … or …

 

Psalms 27:1 says, “The Lord is my light and my salvation – whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life – of whom shall I be afraid?”

 

Father, please be with the test administer-er today.  Help him to get what he needs from my sinus cavity or brain or wherever he’ll be digging.  Amen.

No comments: