Tuesday, October 20, 2020

October 20 – “so … helpful”

Monday.  It sufficed as a typical workday for me around here.  I spent much of the day at the computer wading through church stuff and trying to get a good start on the sermon for next Sunday.  I’m also trying to work ahead a bit for the days when we will be gone to Waco and beyond.  At least we hope to be gone.  Chris was pretty exhausted all day.  Her back and blood pressure issues are driving her nuts.  In fact she even went to bed.  Full on took a nap.  I did OK staying awake, but there wasn’t much sleep for me last night.  My back was just annoying enough to keep me from getting into that long stretch of zzz’s.  OK, so maybe “annoying” isn’t quite strong enough.  It did hurt.  I’ll let the neurosurgeon know the update when I see him tomorrow. 

 

I guess part of the problem was the mile walk we took.  It was a struggle after the two mile one on Saturday and then not hiking at all on Sunday.  Freddy hadn’t forgotten, though.  She saw me put a cap on, and she raced me to the drawer where her leash is kept.  She was actually helpful on the walk.  We had to stop a time or two while she explored a random mark on the road or sniffed out her compadres at the fire hydrants.  The back pains subsided every time we stopped, so … helpful.

 

We did take time to watch an episode of the new Star Trek series: Picard.  It was a little hard to follow as we endeavored to place times and circumstances in connection with the last time we watched.  That was when Picard was Captain of the Enterprise.  Now he’s a retired admiral on his wine plantation in France, and he looks about 80 years old.  Should be interesting.

 

Psalms 135:3 says, “Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good; sing praise to his name, for that is pleasant.”

 

Father, please help Chris get the sleep she needs as she deals with her back issues and blood pressure issues.  Amen.

No comments: