Friday, October 16, 2020

October 16 – “giant thorns is just … evil”

The other day while I was working at the computer, I must have totally zoned out.  Or I guess zoned in would be more accurate.  I was so focused on the work that I didn’t notice Chris had disappeared.  That is, until Freddy jumped from her chair and made a beeline for the front door.  She wasn’t growling or anything, though, just wiggling and wagging, so that was odd.

 

Then suddenly I heard the melodious sound of a lawn mower hard at work.  And the sound was virtually at our front door.  Shaken from my reverie of work, I got and to check out this strange sound.  And sure enough, there was Chris, behind the wheels, so to speak, of the lawn mower.  She surprised us both, mowing both the front and back yards.  She did the edging, too.  And her sweeping. 

 

She only needed my help three times.  Twice to add more line to the weed eater and once to help trim an errant bush and some broken branches on the oleander bush.  Of course that turned into a bit more of a trim job than she anticipated, under my direction.  But she did the cutting.  Can’t blame me for this one.  But hey, some of those branches were out of control.  She did turn me loose on the booger-villa bush, though.  She explained her vision, then told me she trusted my eye for those sort of things.  No pressure, right?  She seems to like my creation now.  It’s still evil, though.  Any bush with those giant thorns is just … evil.

 

Oh, and one other thing … she almost passed out again.  She had another tweak to her blood pressure medicine, and that combined with the heat and her exertion resulted in another near-dehydration event.  We managed to get her inside and get some water and lemonade inside her, though.  She came through it all OK. 

 

Speaking of Chris, she had her appointment with the pain doctor yesterday.  He has scheduled her for another one of those shots in the back.  Actually, this time it will be six shots in the back.  They are targeting those spiny things on her spine from the L3 through S1 vertebrae.  On both sides.  That will mean another trip to that surgery clinic where she had the first shot.  It’s a really nice place, and back then they let me stay with her most of the time.  We’ll see how Covidized it has become now.  That’s not until November, though.  we should be able to get in a trip between now and then.  Unless my neurosurgeon has something new to say when I see him next week.  It’s good to have doctor friends, but it sure feels weird to have to include them in our vacation planning …

 

Philippians 2:11 says, “and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”

 

Father, please take care of Chris through all this back and blood pressure stuff.  Amen.

No comments: