Sunday, October 11, 2020

October 11 – “Some powerful thoughts”

I read some powerful thoughts from a guy named Oswald Chambers this morning.  This is my take on what he said:

Silence is the greatest expression of intimacy.  Have you ever been in a relationship where it was OK to just be in each other’s presence and not have to fill an awkward silence with … something - anything?  Those moments of peace are an indication that you trust each other enough to just BE together. 

And that is the way it works with God, too.  Those times after you pray when you desperately want God to give you an answer – any answer?  He is trusting you with his silence.  He is teaching you that prayer is all about the peace of just being with him. 

 

Yesterday I somehow managed to sleep until almost 6 a.m.  It has been a long time …

 

Chris spent the day doing some quilting.  I started a new jigsaw puzzle the other day, so I worked on that a little.  Read a little in a novel.  Then I actually watched some college football.  No real favorite teams this year.  I try to watch Baylor, because one set of grandkids lives in Waco and they talk about it.  But they were off this week.  I also like to keep up with the Texas teams.  A&M squeaked out a win over #5 Florida.  Always fun to see the underdog win.  Texas came back from two or three touchdowns behind to send the game to four overtimes, but Oklahoma won that one.  Sometimes I can squeeze in a peek at teams like LSU, just because there are Seasiders who are big fans.  Sounds like LSU didn’t do so well yesterday, though.  Last night I did watch some of the Clemson game.  I enjoy seeing their quarterback play.  He’s the guy with hair about as long as Brennan’s across the street.  He probably could have gone pro by now, along with one of their running backs, but they both decided to finish out their senior year.  Always gotta appreciate someone who appreciates education.  Of course that also means those two will probably be front-runners for the Heisman Trophy.  That won’t hurt their chances for a lucrative future.  That is, if the NFL will stay away from politicizing everything and stick to playing their game. 

 

2 Corinthians 5:7 says, “For we live by faith, not by sight.”

 

Father, thank you for that extra sleep.  I needed it.  And thank you for the times you try to connect with me through silence.  Amen.

No comments: