Wednesday, July 8, 2020

July 8 – “One of those ‘Just-a-days’”


We took a walk again yesterday.  Second in two days.  Chris says her back situation is an odd one.  She still feels the pain down her legs, but it has become sort of muffled a bit.  I guess that was the goal of the injection in her back.  Or at least the end result of it.  It is still quite frustrating to have to deal with it at all.  She goes back to the pain doc on Monday, so she will discuss options for the future from there. 

We completed another jigsaw puzzle yesterday as well.  It was my favorite so far.  A thousand pieces with each one randomly cut.  And the picture was colorful and contained lots of interesting images.  I’m impressed with this Dowdle Puzzles company.  They have puzzles of many of the states, the National parks, and even sites all over the world.  But not photographs in varying shade of gray.  They are colorful, cartoonish, interesting paintings.  We may have do some online ordering. 

I tried to do some light, just-for-fun reading yesterday.  One of the Percy Jackson books we borrowed from Brennan.  Chris has already read the entire series.  I fell asleep.  At least it didn’t happen when I was working at the computer.  Not that it was particularly boring or anything.  It’s actually a pretty fun read.  It’s just that I have a propensity for falling asleep when I get still.  Like in the car on trips.  Well, when I’m not driving.  I guess since we haven’t been able to take any trips, I haven’t been able to catch up on my sleep.  That’ must be it.  Makes perfect sense to me …

2 Corinthians 1:20 says, “For no matter how many promises God has made, they are ‘Yes’ in Christ.  And so through him the ‘Amen’ is spoken by us to the glory of God.”

Jesus, thank you for being the “Yes” – the “Amen” – to all those promises in scripture.  It’s kind of mind-boggling.  Amen.

No comments: