Thursday, July 30, 2020

July 30 – “aaaaaeeeee …”


The big news for today is another odd dream I just had.  It lasted a long time, but I can’t remember the entire first part.  All that I have left in my feeble old brain is an image.  In said image there is a young lady on a bed, obviously sick.  How do I know she is sick?  I have no idea.  It’s a dream.  You just know these things.   Relaxing in a recliner next to her is a young man.  He is in fact connected to her with tubes, and is in the process of giving her a direct blood transfusion.  OK.  That part is strange enough, but the reason I remember this particular portion of the dream is even odder still.  See, I didn’t recognize the young lady.  Didn’t even see her face.  But the young man I knew right away.  It was none other than … drum roll here … Arthur Fonzarelli (Not sure of the spelling there).  Yep.  Fonzie from the old TV show Happy Days was just chillin’ in the recliner as his blood flowed into the young lady’s veins. 

That’s when I woke up, so I have no update on the patient’s condition, or her identity for that matter.  So does that mean I need to pray for Henry Winkler?  Or maybe the unknown patient receiving his blood?

Oh, and just so you know … we changed up our routine a little yesterday.  We went early over to Randall’s.  There were not many people there, but the mask rule was definitely still in effect.  All we needed were some dog food and stamps and fruit and a few other assorted items.  We did walk the aisles to get some exercise.  And yes, we followed the arrows on the floor.  We are such rule followers, you know …

Philippians 1:27 says, “Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ.”

Father, for whatever reason I guess I lift up Henry Winkler to you.  And any ladies he may be trying to help as well.  Be with all those suffering as a result of the Covid illness itself as well as the madness that has resulted from it.  Amen.

No comments: