Sunday, July 19, 2020

July 19 – “The investigation begins”


Well, it’s official.  We have started the process of investigating a trip to Hawaii for our 46th anniversary.  Sort of.  That would be sort of anniversary, not sort of investigating.  Chris has been on web sites galore.  I contacted the travel agent who did all the set-up work for our trip to the Panama Canal.  She has begun putting together the different packages available for the time period we want to go – April or May of next year.  We might even have a few other families interested in going with us.  Now all we need is for the Corona madness to die down and Hawaii to open back up. 

The other night as I closed the front door for the evening, I noticed the distinctive flashing lights of police and fire crews behind our neighbor’s house.  I couldn’t stand it.  I slipped on my fire department cap and walked over to pray and to check on the guys from station four.  It was a traffic accident.  Motorcycle versus bicycle.  Both were down, but ambulance crews were already on scene and in fact almost ready to transport when I arrived.  I prayed for the ones involved as I walked toward the fire truck.  And while I prayed for the fire crew, they began to walk up.  Their job was done and they were getting ready to shut down the lights and head back to the station.  It was great to see them again.  It has been so long since I have gone to a station just to check on everyone.  I really do love those guys. 

2 Corinthians 13:11 says, “Aim for perfection, listen to my appeal, be of one mind, live in peace.  And the God of love and peace will be with you.”

Father, please watch over the fire fighters at every station and on every shift.  Keep them safe from the virus as well as from the day to day mayhem they must face.  Amen.


No comments: