Tuesday, April 28, 2020

April 28 – “Joy again”


Just two accomplishments for the day yesterday.  Well, not counting the stuff I did to begin getting ready for our first Sunday back next Sunday.  That’s going to take all week, I’m afraid.  Now we have to add to the usual sermon and worship service preparation, plans for traffic control (Which has been out of control since Jamaica Beach has been the only part of the Island with open beaches).  Great fun looms …

So what are the two memorable things?  Now, remember.  We are in the middle of a quarantine.  Lower your expectations.  First off, we finished the 1,000 piece puzzle we have been working on.  Again … lower expectations.  We have learned to be joyful in the small things, right?  So … woohoo!

The second thing is a bit more noble, I suppose.  We were just getting ready to watch a movie.  Something about a post-apocalyptic Huntsman in Queen Elsa-by-another-name’s frozen Northern wastelands.  About that time I received a distress call from our neighbors.  They were out on a bike ride and one of the bikes had a severe flat tire.  Bad enough that it was unrideable.  The request was … could I please come with my truck and pick up the bike and give them a ride home.  Well, the “them” was one person and one bicycle.  And the one person promised to ride in the back with the bike to effectively maintain social distancing.  Of course I went.  Hey, I’ve always been a sucker for heroics.  Besides … I got to leave the house.  Joy again!

Well, today is grocery day, and I do have to get in under the Old Folks Wire.  I’m off …

Proverbs 16:3 says, “Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.”

Father, as we start reopening and getting reacquainted around here, please keep us safe and help us remember that “don’t be stupid” still applies.  Amen.

No comments: