Saturday, April 18, 2020

April 18 – “The 5 P’s - PowerPoint Presentation Production Problems”


Chris finally finished her second order of face masks for the sheriff’s department.  That pretty much used up her stash of quilting material scraps.  I’m not sure what her next project will be, but she was looking into more quilting supplies online.  Sounded like most of the suppliers are running behind on stocking, though.  I think the earliest delivery date she found was sometime in June.

I started having some issues with incorporating videos into the PowerPoint presentation for tomorrow’s Seaside Online production.  All but one of them melded quite well with the system, but for some reason one of the song videos from Jim just wouldn’t go.  In fact, it shut down the whole PowerPoint program.  Hey, I just thought of something.  Maybe I should play it backwards and see if there is a hidden message that my computer is protecting us all from. 

Anyway, I tried everything I could think of.  Re-load the file.  Nope.  Restart the computer.  Nope.  Have Jim re-send the file and try from scratch.  Nope.  Delete one of the other songs first.  Nope.  Save the presentation itself in a different version of PowerPoint.  Nope.  I have one more thing to try.  See if it fits into a PowerPoint of its own, and then build the other stuff around it.  The frustrating thing is, the video plays perfectly on the computer.  Just not in PowerPoint.

Ah, well.  We just may have to be creative on Sunday, then.  All you online worshippers … please be patient if I have to minimize and double click and maximize.  It’ll give you a few extra seconds to take in the view of my computer desktop screen …

Isaiah 53:6 says, “We, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.”

Father, thank you for Lord of the PowerPoint Presentations.  Whatever happens there, please draw people toward you.  Amen.

No comments: