Saturday, April 27, 2019

April 27 – “Tickled … blue?”


Chris spent the morning in LaMarque.  She was watching Noa and Ezra while the rest of the LaMarque clan went to the movies.  Avengers: End Game.  She wouldn’t let them disclose any details, though.  I understand Josiah was about ready to explode wanting to talk about it.  Nope.  Not yet.

Meanwhile, I finally had a chance to go fishing.  It doesn’t really count, though.  I really wanted to go wade fishing at the beach, but it was still a little too rough … and cold.  There is that, too.  So instead I went to the old stand-by canal at Jamaica Beach. 

I ended up catching two keeper speckled trout.  I also caught some trash fish, but that turned into a blessing.  Well, not a blessing for me so much.  But it certainly benefited my friend who had sidled up next to me to observe my progress.  A great blue heron camped out beside my fishing spot, so I dutifully tossed him a few of the fish.  He was tickled pink … er … blue.

We ended up having a pretty grand fresh speckled trout supper last night.  Chris did her usual fabulous job of creating a delicacy.  But she did tell me we needed some more fish for a future fish fry.  Hey.  Her wish is my command.  I hope …

Matthew 5:4 says “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.”

Father, thank you for the tasty fish you placed in the sea and for the beautiful birds you created to populate the skies … and the bulkheads.  That great blue heron was amazing.  Amen.

No comments: