Wednesday, March 20, 2019

March 20 – “She is really cute”


We made a little detour on our way to our big meeting about our Alaska trip this summer (Time is counting down.  Just four months to go).  We veered across and stopped in Waco.  Christi forgot her iPad and Caleb left a deck of cards and Josh left some medicine when they were at our house for Spring Break.  We just became the return agents.

The first order of the day when we arrived was to fill out bracket predictions for the NCAA men’s basketball tournament.  Apparently we had stumbled upon a little family tradition.  They insisted I fill one out as well, and Christi even gave me her bracket.  I felt kind of like an interloper, but she insisted that she would just help Luke out with his.  Three of them picked Duke.  Well, Caleb picked Virginia, then Duke, then Virginia, then Duke again, so he might still be working on his final selection.  Luke picked Tennessee.  I picked Gonzaga.  I always pick Gonzaga.  Every year.  Why?  I just think it’s a cool name.  Don’t you enjoy just saying it?  GonZAGa.  Great fun.

We did watch a little NBA ridiculousness, but the best part of the night was when Josh put on some videos of Disney princess songs.  AnnaGrace was dressed in a princess costume, and she was dancing and whirling around, occasionally joining in with the song.  Very cute.  But even more … er … memorable … was the background karaoke singing by Caleb and Zakary.  Chris got some of it on video, enshrined for posterity.

Yesterday I was challenged to a game of indoor basketball by Luke.  That soon transitioned into a makeshift soccer match.  When Christi called halftime, Luke announced that I was ahead 18-15.  I had no idea how that score came about.  His point structure was beyond me.  After school officially ended for the day, he convinced his mom that I needed to see the movie Space Jam, starring Michael Jordan.  He watched a good five minutes with me, then drifted into something else.  I was doing some drifting of my own, especially during the cartoon parts.  We never finished that movie.  But we did watch a few episodes of Mickey Mouse with AnnaGrace.  Didn’t look like the Mickey Mouse Club I remember watching.  But she knew all the characters. And used every opportunity to dance along with the singing.  Have I said before that she is really cute?  She is really cute …

James 5:16 says, “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.  The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.”

Father, thank you for the chance to slip into the world of Mickey Mouse and bold dancing and audacious singing and strange soccer rules.  Amen.


No comments: