Tuesday, January 8, 2019

January 8 – “Snot Shot?”


I accomplished somewhat of a milestone yesterday.  Wait.  I should say I accomplished an actual milestone.  No.  Let’s be clear and specific.  I accomplished a mile.  Yep.  Went walking with Chris in the morning and made it one mile.  She of course continued on to greater heights, but I was pleased.  Now to break the news to my physical therapist and surgeon today …

I spent most of the day in front of the computer working on … well, work stuff.  It really does cause your muscles to tighten up when you just sit there for long periods.  I’m really trying to force myself to walk around more. 

The LaMarque Vaughan’s came over yesterday after their trip to the library.  They arrived in time to join us for lunch.  Chris heated up some pizza that we had in the freezer.  Of course we had pizza.  What else?  The highlight of the afternoon, however, was the rousing table game I played with Micah and Josiah and Noah.  Even Ezra got into the mix.  The name of the game was Pimple Pete.  Some kind of knock-off of the hit reality TV series, Dr. Pimple Popper, I’m sure.  The object of the game is to pull out the massive squishy pimples from Pete’s face.  This continues around the table until someone triggers the mechanism inside the head that causes him to snort snot (water) all over you from his nose.  And who were the two unlucky recipients of the snot shot?  Well, Noa managed to avoid hers, but Ezra took it in his neck.  And the other one got it right in the heart, all over his shirt.  That would be … me.  I gotta say, this game has potential.  If we can just figure out a way to make the spewage more lifelike, more yellowish, more … snotty …

Psalms 124:8 says, “Our help is in the name of the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.”

Father, thanks for fun times on the spur of the moment.  Amen.

No comments: