Monday, January 14, 2019

January 14 – “Mountain cedar blues”


Another pretty good day at church.  60 plus people in worship and several new folks who said they would for sure be back next week.  Lots of kiddos as well.  Chris said a few of them told her they had never been in church before.  She had a chance to share the gospel with them in a simple way.  We’ll see how that turns out.

After church we went to lunch with six or eight other Seasiders at the new Jamaica Beach restaurant.  Pretty good burgers.  No prefabbed meat patties.  They form their own.  I like it.

When we got home I officially crashed.  My dealings with mountain cedar up in Waco came to a head and I felt miserable.  Just like I had the flu in fact.  I watched some football and then a movie (Code for slept fitfully off and on in my recliner).  For supper Chris heated up some cans of chicken noodle soup (an indication that I really didn’t feel good.  Chicken noodle soup was created to eat only when you are sick) and made some grilled cheese sandwiches. 

More football and some hot tea from our new Keurig-like coffee maker.  I stayed in the den and continued the pattern of off and on not-so-restful sleep all night.  Chris said she heard me a few times.  I guess it’s hard to silence coughing and nose-blowing.  I guess today will consist of lots of fluids so I can try to wash this junk out of my system.

Psalms 127:2 says, “In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat — for he grants sleep to those he loves.”

Father, thank you for chicken noodle soup and hot tea and a comfortable couch.  I could sure use some of that sleep you grant today.  Amen. 

No comments: