Tuesday, August 28, 2018

August 28 – “Working vs. Wacky”


I actually have ten things already checked off on my to-do list for the week.  Yes, I keep a rather extensive to-do list.  Otherwise how will I know if I have done anything at the end of the week?  It also helps me stay focused.  Well, as focused as I can when there might be a squirrel racing past the window at any moment.  Or a hummingbird to gaze at in the back yard.  Or something I forgot to include on the list that just has to be done right now (Usually in this case I just add it to the bottom of the list).  Or Chris is awake and it’s time to go for our walk.  Or …

Did I mention that the “add it to the bottom of the list” approach means even though I have crossed out ten things, I still have fourteen to go (and no doubt counting).  Which leads to another difficulty that arises when dealing with to-do lists.  I call it the “stare into nothingness trance.”  Nope.  Not some new kind of yoga meditation (I don’t even know the old kind of yoga).  I mean it just as it sounds.  Sometimes I come to myself and realize that I am staring at the list - and have been for who knows how long – with no idea of what I am seeing (Just so you know … I just added something to the list.  It’s up to fifteen now).  Of course more often the staring is directed at the computer screen where I have no idea what to write next.  Kind of like today when I began this entry …

Well, maybe something exciting will happen today that will allow me to write about an actual event.  Or maybe a person.  Or a feeling (Those always go over well).  Yesterday, however, proved to be one of those “take a walk with Chris, work at the computer until I can’t keep my eyes open, stand up, eat, do more work, watch the Astros, then go to bed” kind of days.  Well … let’s get this one started …

Psalms 96:1 says, “Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth.”

Father, thank you for working days as well as wacky ones.  Gotta have both, I suppose, but just so you know (which I know you do), I really prefer the wacky ones.  Amen.

No comments: