Tuesday, August 21, 2018

August 21 – “Perennial photo shoot”


Well, most of my day was spent slaving over a hot … computer.  Not that the computer was such an amazing instrument.  I was just typing all day, so it got hot.  Just hot.  Why such fervor related to that instrument of attachment to exertion?  I was determined to get as much of the groundwork for Sunday’s sermon completed as I possibly could.  We are leaving here shortly for a meeting in Arlington (Yep.  Another mini-road trip), and I wanted to be able to focus completely on my nap on the way up there.  Not that I always take naps on our road trip, mind you.  This is just in case. 

Cailyn did come over for a while.  That meant a wonderful lunch at that iconic establishment, Whataburger.  Well, let me change that a bit.  A lunch from Whataburger would be more precise.  The girls stayed here at the house while I went and picked it up.  See, Cailyn was too engrossed in breaking in Chris’ new camera.  It was like one perennial photo shoot around here.  She took pictures of me working, of Chris reading the camera owner’s manual, of Freddy sleeping, of herself, of the neighbor’s house (Sorry, Corey and Janell).  It was as if she was trying to determine just how many pictures this camera card will hold.  As far as I know she never ran out. 

We ended the day (and my now-feeble attempts to put finishing touches on the sermon) out at the softball field.  Cailyn had practice for Fall Ball.  Her Dad came up from the fire station (It’s right down the road) to watch, and April arrived just as they were finishing to pick her up.  That meant we had the rest of the evening to have some supper and crash on the couch and watch the Astros.  Except they are playing on the West Coast and didn’t start until 9 p.m.  Chris went to bed at 10.  I lasted until 10:30.  Just couldn’t keep my eyes open.  As it turned out, I saw all the Astros scoring.  As it turned out, it wasn’t enough.  They lost 7-4.  Ouch. 

Psalms 93:1 says, “The Lord reigns, he is robed in majesty; the Lord is robed in majesty and is armed with strength.”

Father, would you join us on the road today?  Thanks.  Amen.

No comments: