Friday, August 17, 2018

August 17 – “Happy birthday, Chris”


Well, I’m not really writing about Chris today, but it is her birthday.  You’ll have to wait until tomorrow to hear the tale of her gifts.  She is turning … back the clock.  See that?  You’re not getting me to go there.  Let’s just say she has been chasing me since college.  I had to slow down a bit so she could catch me, but she’ll officially never be as old as I am. 

Speaking of slowing down, we walked again yesterday.  Chris won’t let me go more than a mile and a half (having some sore calf issues now.  Moos at me whenever I walk.  Snicker, snicker.  See how I did that?), but she still treks on for her four miles.  She does get frustrated with the steps app on her phone, though.  It can’t seem to be consistent.   One day it registers 4 miles, but the next it says 2.1.  Gotta love technology.

I spent the morning buried in sermon prep, but my day hit a high point when the mail lady arrived.  My birthday gift from Chris was delivered.  Yep.  That lovely drawing she handed me in a gift bag on Tuesday is now a full-fledged, professional-grade (didn’t know there was such a thing), bluetooth –enabled selfie stick.  I played with it while she went to an allergist appointment with Jachin and Christina.  I admit I had to go to their website and watch their little video on how to use it.  No instructions in the box.  Four extra pieces.  One I figured out right away.  It screwed on and was the attachment to connect your phone to.  The second was easy as well.  It was the USB cable to charge the battery.  The third piece seemed kind of redundant to the first.  And the fourth just looked like a mirror.  The video should be included in the packaging, though.  Or at least a little pamphlet with pictures.  Seems the third piece was redundant.  It serves the same purpose, but it lets you install and exfill you phone more quickly.  And apparently the mirror is … a mirror.  Apparently the camera on a phone operates better when used as it was intended, rather than it selfie mode.  So if you put the camera on one side and the phone on the other with the camera’s phone side facing you, you can see in the mirror what the camera sees.  Whew.  Confusing. 

Our evening concluded with a little combo birthday cake that our home group provided.  Beautiful serenade as well.  And speaking of birthdays … Chris is awake.  I should go get her present.

Psalms 92:1-3 says, “It is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name, O Most High, to proclaim your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night, to the music of the ten-stringed lyre and the melody of the harp.”

Father, thank you for my wife.  Very special lady, that one.  Amen.

No comments: