Sunday, August 12, 2018

August 12 – “Caught up”


Well, I guess I have officially caught up with recording my days now.  That means I’m back to the boring old me for the foreseeable future.  So how would you like to hear about my overwhelmingly exciting day … mowing the grass?  Yep.  That about covers what I accomplished the other day.  Pushing, or rather following behind (we did finally get one of those mowers with front wheel drive), as the whirring monster ravaged the tips from the struggling young greenery.  I did get inspired (or maybe the right word would be distracted?) by the destruction, however.  I grabbed the clippers and attacked the remaining three sunflower trees.  I know.  They are not technically trees, but when they grow as tall as a house, it’s hard not to see them as such.  I was so encouraged by their removal, that I carried my vendetta to the oleander bush that was attacking our car every time we entered or left the driveway.  It won’t do that anymore.  I probably would have continued my assault there, but Chris returned from her walk and “insisted” that I take up my Weedeater and get the edging finished.

Speaking of Ezra … when he was over here the other day he saw a picture one of our soon-to-be-discarded newspapers.  It was the sports page.  Now, what I saw was a golfer about to take a swing at the ball.  What did he see?  “Vrrrrooooommm.  Mowuh.”  That’s his catch-all word for any power tool used in landscaping.  Like a weedeater.  And you know what?  I took a second look at that news photo.  It looked just like a weedeater.  I could have been wrong.

Psalms 90:12 says, “Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.”

Father, thank you for the efficiency we have available to us with things like those mowuhs.  And help me to have wisdom like little Ezra, who sees things just as they appear and rejoices with a vrrrrooooommm.  Amen.

No comments: