Monday, July 9, 2018

July 9 – “Australia”


We had yet another incredible treat from the Lord yesterday at church.  There was a visitor there from Australia.  Her father has been coming fairly regularly, and even sings with the praise team on occasion.  Jim invited her to sing as an opening to the service.  It was beautiful.  I think it was a song she wrote herself.  It was, in her words, “Kind of mellow.”  It had a hymn feel to it, with a haunting melody.  It certainly captivated me, and from the response when she was done, it appeared to touch quite a few others as well.

Perhaps the most encouraging thing about the Australian presence, however, came with her comments after the worship service had ended.  She immediately sought out Chris and told her that she was absolutely blown away by the sense of community she felt from and among the Seasiders.  “You and your husband have done some amazing things here,” she evaluated.  To which Chris immediately replied, “Oh, it certainly hasn’t been us.  We are just as full of warts as the next guy.  What you feel is the Lord.”

She told me that she was a Catholic and loved her church.  Also, that she had been to church services all over the world, but she had never experienced anything like she did at Seaside.  “You have something very special here,” she said, reflecting on the morning.  “Thank you for taking the time to welcome and even minister to my father.” 

So … in the last two weeks we have had believers from Syria and Australia who have been touched by the Seaside/Holy Spirit experience.  Wonder who he will draw next week …

Psalms 78:1-3 says, “O my people, hear my teaching; listen to the words of my mouth.  I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter hidden things, things from of old — what we have heard and known, what our fathers have told us.”

Father, thank you for showing us that your people are alive and well, literally all over the globe.  Amen.

No comments: