Saturday, July 7, 2018

July 7 – “Quick Kiddo Anecdotes”


Here are a few quick kiddo anecdotes that arrived pretty much out of the blue.  But then, that’s how all the best ones come …

Cailyn: “Infinity times 3 equals the Illuminati.”
Chris: “Illuminati?  So what is the Illuminati?”
Cailyn: “The Illuminati is 1 point zero, zero, zero, zero.”
Well.  OK.

I went outside with Ezra while they were here the other day.  I had no idea what to expect, other than that he probably would want to swing.  Not so much.  Instead he walked right over to one of the patio chairs.  He called me over, “DadDad.”  And as I approached he casually patted the seat of the chair with an open palm as if to say, Have a sit down right here, Old Man.” 
I did.

Noa called us the week Jachin was at camp.  I remember it was that week because she was calling on Jachin’s phone.  She presented us with quite the treatise on telephone usage.  I couldn’t keep up with all the wisdom she imbued us with.  But here is but a small sampling of what continued non-stop for … I don’t know how long. 
“You could only talk one thing at a time.  Unless you had a hundred mouths.  Then it would get noisy.  But God only gave us one mouth.” 
Yes, he did.

Psalms 77:11-12 says, “I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.  I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds.”

Father, thank you for the joy – and sometimes great wisdom – that pours forth from children.  Help me to be a child.  Amen.

No comments: