Tuesday, July 24, 2018

July 24 – “Emmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm”


Yesterday I once again muddled myself into my magnanimous Monday mandates.  I managed to manipulate my methodology so that I waded through the muck and mire that is my manifold measure of manufacture.

Phew.  That alliteration thing is harder than it looks.  Sixteen ems in two sentences. Count ‘em.  That’s a record - for me, anyway.  Guess it’s obvious I just don’t have much to say today.  I worked yesterday.  There you have it.  Blessed to be able to do that, I suppose.  Here.  I’ll let someone else talk for a while today.  How about King David?  He can turn a phrase here and there …

Psalms 86:1-10
 Hear, O Lord, and answer me, for I am poor and needy.  Guard my life, for I am devoted to you.  You are my God; save your servant who trusts in you.  Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I call to you all day long.  Bring joy to your servant, for to you, O Lord,
I lift up my soul.

You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you.  Hear my prayer, O Lord; listen to my cry for mercy.  In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me.

Among the gods there is none like you, O Lord; no deeds can compare with yours.  All the nations you have made will come and worship before you, O Lord; they will bring glory to your name.  For you are great and do marvelous deeds; you alone are God.

Father, thank you for being, well, God.  Ditto to what all David had to say.  Amen.

No comments: