Tuesday, July 17, 2018

July 17 – “Number Nine”


It is hard to write creatively about a day that is so … usual.  Yesterday was Monday.  I have quite the routine on Monday, and all of it relates to working on the computer.  Don’t get me wrong.  It always helps to get started early.  Really gives one a feeling of accomplishment that encourages continuing on to the next tasks for the week.  To put it another way that only list-makers will understand … I checked off no fewer than nine things from my weekly to-do list.  Nine.  That’s a good day, isn’t it?  Birthday/anniversary cards. 
Pay bills.
Church website article.
Home group Bible study prep.
Call to Worship Scripture for services Sunday.
Choose Visual Verse.
Type out announcements sheet.
Create Welcome Montage powerpoint.

Whew.  It does sound like a lot.  But that’s only eight things, isn’t it?  Well, here’s where the overwhelmingly exciting part of the day comes in.  Chris and I made a trip over to Randall’s to pick up a prescription and some fruit.  Even caught some coffee beans on sale.  Wow.  Anchor me to earth, folks.  Number nine.

Now the excursion did enable me to experience that weird weather phenomenon that is wafting over Galveston and on into the state of Texas now (Well, Chris experienced it when she took a walk earlier).  Seems the Sahara Desert has decided to take an overseas journey and visit the United States.  Don’t ask me how, but our atmosphere is now a hazy fog of Saharan sand particles.  It was sufficient to give me a headache, if nothing else.  But now I can wear the t-shirt: “I Survived the Saharan Invasion.” 

Psalms 84:10 says, “Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.”

Father, thank you for all the phenomena of nature that we get to be a part of.  You are amazingly creative.  Amen.

No comments: