Sunday, June 24, 2018

June 24 – “Where has all the random energy gone?”


We were kind of shamed into doing yard work yesterday.  We knew it had to be done, but we were debating whether the ground was dry enough after a week of rain.  About 7:30 we went out into the front yard to check, and what should our eyes behold, but good ol’ Corey across the street.  He had already finished mowing and was well into edging.  He had also done some serious tree trimming.  Ouch.  I went in and changed into some grubby clothes and got started.

I had to carry some downed branches (after our rainstorms) to the front, and got all tangled up in the now-dying sunflower arbor.  Guess what took precedence over mowing for a brief period?  Yep.  Chris made me keep three or four of the plants that seemed to still be in good shape, but the rest are down and out of the way.  I guess the birds will be saddened. 

While I was in the zone I continued to the front and trimmed some of the trees out there.  We felt bad because some tree trimmer guy has been to our house twice (same guy, same spiel) offering his services for a fee.  Trimming done, mowing done, edging done. 

I was reminded of something during the course of the morning’s work schedule.  I had forgotten how much random energy it takes to continue life when you are in pain (My knee).  I start physical therapy in July, and I have already been doing the strengthening exercises, but this “mild osteoarthritis” is making itself at home.  So I guess I need to adjust my life and activities again so I can relearn when to anticipate the pain and deal with it. 

Psalms 71:18 says, “Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come.”

Father, thank you for a knee that does still work.  Help me through my learning curve.  Amen.

No comments: