Thursday, June 14, 2018

June 14 – “It’s gone”


I finally had some time yesterday to deal with the truck and its dead battery.  I jumped it using our new car.  It was the first time I had opened the hood on the car.  And what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a plastic case cover over the positive side of the battery was open.  All looked fine, though, so I closed it up until I got the car into position and needed the juice.  It was pretty easy to access the battery, by the way.  Glad to hear that. 

Once the cables were all hooked up, the truck followed suit and started right up as well.  So I obediently let it run for a while.  All looked well, so I shut everything down and headed back inside.  And before I could get to the front door, I got a call to meet the AC guy at the church.  I let Chris know where I was headed, washed my hands and returned to the truck.  And the truck … wouldn’t start.  Dead as a doornail.  It’s gone.  I took the car for my meeting at the church, and later took the battery in to WalMart.  Still dead.  Didn’t even register on his meter.  We got a brand new battery for free.  But the guy was quick to inform me that the warranty on the new one just picks up where the other one left off.  That’s how they get you.  This one’s free but you will pay full price next time.  And the truck?  So far so good.  Needs some gas. 

OK, back to the AC guy for a moment.  The brand new compressor unit appeared to be on the fritz this past Sunday.  It just wasn’t doing the job.  We arrived around 8:30 and the temperature in the building was 78.  We set the AC to 71 and went about getting ready.  By 10 it had only cooled down to 75.  And by the time we left at 12:30, the temp was up to 79.  Not good at all.  It’s gone.  The guy did all his checks and now it seems we need a new pressure regulator valve.  Not part of the compressor, of course.  He ordered it, and assured me that they would try to get it installed before Friday.  Right.  It may be another warm day in Paradise.

Psalms 68:32-33 says, “Sing to God, O kingdoms of the earth, sing praise to the Lord,
Selah to him who rides the ancient skies above, who thunders with mighty voice.”

Father, thank you for always being there for us when annoying things around us seem to scream … it’s gone.  Amen

No comments: