Sunday, June 10, 2018

June 10 – “Much wisdom. Little filter.”


You always have to be prepared to learn something monumental when you have youngsters running around your house.  Especially when those young ones are of the … oh, say … five and under variety.  Much wisdom.  Little to no filter.

Our middle-aged granddaughter Noa fits that category.  What?  Oh, “middle aged”?  That just means we have one older (Cailyn) and one younger (AnnaGrace).  It’s kind of difficult to glean Noa wisdom, because she never stops talking when given an ear to listen.  Who am I kidding?  She doesn’t need your ear to talk.  She had two of her own, and she’s happy to hone her conversational skills on herself.  I gave her one such listening ear and she didn’t disappoint.  I was relaxing in my chair, resting my eyelids, and chewing on a particularly soft piece of ice (my dentist said to stay away from the hard pieces).  Noa happened to be walking by at that particular moment.  After the initial, “DadDad, what is that noise?” that dragged me from my reverie, she explained for all of you who have been wondering,
“When you chew things with your eyes closed it means you are imagining something.  If you are not chewing, like this (closes her eyes and imitates chewing), it means you are sleeping.”

And she’s quite the little Mommy as well.  They had been here for a while.  Her Mom had just returned to pick her up, so I went back to the bedroom where she had been playing with her little brother to let her know her ride had arrived.  Here’s what I was met with:
“It’s OK, DadDad.  I’ll stay in here with Ezra and make sure he doesn’t get into any trouble.  You can go say hi to Mommy if you want.”

Well, thanks for that.  Believe I will.

Psalms 68:4 says, “Sing to God, sing praise to his name, extol him who rides on the clouds — his name is the Lord — and rejoice before him.”

Father, thank you for those special little ones in my life who teach me something every time we are together.  Amen.

No comments: