Tuesday, February 7, 2017

February 7 – “Ukes and Bones and a Missing Class”

I just found out that the advanced ukulele class that is supposed to start on Thursday of this week might not start after all.  Apparently not enough people have signed up to make it a viable class.  The last email I received said they needed at least four more people who have already had the beginner’s class to sign up.  Oh, well.  I guess I’ll have to force myself to practice on the songs I get from Jim that the praise team is singing each week.  Some of them call for cords that I have never been able to successfully finger, so it would take a lot more practice before I would feel comfortable strumming with the team on a Sunday morning. 

Chris and I finally caught up to this season in our binge watching of the TV show Bones.  That’s the forensic anthropologist show that is in its twelfth season now.  This is supposed to be its final season, too.  One of the episodes we watched last night was interrupted by President Obama’s farewell speech.  We only had about half of the episode, so we’re hoping that wasn’t anything crucial to the long-term story line.  So far there has been no indication of how the series will end.  Guess they could all die in an explosion.  Or maybe Cam and Aristoo will finally get married.  And Aubrey will make up with his Dad and finally marry the intern he’s dating.  And Daisy will get hired by the NFL (I forgot what that means, but it’s not the football league).  And Hodgins will walk again, and he and Angela will have another baby.  And Bones will get saved and she and Booth and their kids will buy a tropical Island paradise and move there (Or maybe just move to Galveston and buy a hotel or something), where she can write books and Booth can miss being an FBI agent until the reunion movie is filmed.  And Zach will be cleared of the murder charge against him.  Oh, and Mr. Bray would get his doctorate and take over running the Jeffersonian.  I think that would tie up most of the loose ends.

I just had a brief interlude.  We went to water exercise class and no one was there … again.  I finally tracked down a website from the last receipt email I got.  All it said was that all classes have been canceled for that location.  No other explanation.  I did get a phone number and texted it to see what was going on.  Now we are back home and Chris is pulling me out the door to go for a wal …….. k

Colossians 3:15 says, “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.”


Father, thank you for the weather.  It was good to get some exercise in today.  We both needed it.  Amen.

No comments: