Thursday, February 2, 2017

February 2 – “Galveston Gus and Pals”

I woke up around 6 a.m. and Cailyn was right behind me.  I checked immediately, along with the rest of the world, of course, to see if that East Coast groundhog guy saw his shadow.  As of 6:40, I still haven’t found anything.  Here on the Island, it is still dark, so we won’t know about the reactions of Galveston Gus the Gull or Peabody Pete the Pelican or even Cannonball Carl the Crab.  Besides, those guys live on a tropical island paradise.  They might not even get out of bed until ten or eleven.  I can certainly wait to hear from them until noon or so.  Gotta love this Island weather tracking system.  Even works for hurricanes.  If you can’t find any of these guys, a hurricane is happening.  They aren’t stupid.  Well, maybe Gus is a little bit stupid.  Those seagulls will go anywhere, anytime for a scrap of food. 

Cailyn informed me last night that it was official.  She is a Daddy’s girl.  She continued with the explanation, though.  “What makes me a Daddy’s girl is that my first word was ‘DaDa’.”  I told her, “Ah, yes, but what you were really saying was ‘DadDad,’ so that means you are my girl.”  She didn’t hesitate at all.  “Well, that’s right, but I can be his girl, too.”  Hey, Nathan, I guess I don’t mind sharing your daughter with you.  Just so we both know the real story …

Well, I’m off to deliver Cailyn to school.  Wonder if I’ll see my own shadow?

Colossians 3:2 says, “Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.”


Father, thank you for one more day, whether we see the sun or a bunch of clouds.  Amen.

No comments: