Thursday, February 16, 2017

February 16 – “Locating long pants …”

Headed out to staff meeting yesterday.  We did our initial look at the Ash Wednesday service coming up.  That’s always a fun and for many attenders educational experience.  We try to mix in some litany and ritualistic elements of worship along with the teaching on Lent and Ash Wednesday and Mardi Gras. 

After the meeting I hung around to wait for the arrival of the fire extinguisher inspector.  He was supposed to call me at 8 a.m. and then arrive before noon for sure.  He accomplished neither of those goals.  And I didn’t have a phone number with me to turn the tables back on them, so I finally left around 12:30 or so.  Guess if they ever call back we’ll just reschedule.  I did bring back some of the chorus books I had in my library at the church.  I’ll see if I can figure out any of those songs on my uke.

Chris had her Wednesday Club meeting at the library, so I spent the afternoon shuffling between working on the Sunday teaching and watching an old Nicholas Cage movie about the end of the world.  Exciting stuff.  Aliens and everything.  And the movie wasn’t all that bad, either.

When she got home we ran over to the vet’s office to pick up some heartworm medicine for Fritz.  He came up positive after Hurricane Ike, so we have had to watch him carefully over the last few years.  From there we stopped at Randall’s.  They advertised the coffee we like on sale for a pretty good price.  And of course as it happened, they were completely out of the kind we like (Sumatra).  Not really a crisis, though.  We still have a few bags of beans that were a gift from a Seaside visitor who does medical mission work in Haiti.  Also pretty good stuff. 

As often happens, since we were out anyway, we ended up at WalMart.  Strictly to pick up some fruit and do a little indoor walking, you understand.  It has been dreadfully cold here on the Island.  52 degrees the last two mornings.  I had to locate my long pants again.

1 Thessalonians 3:12 says, “May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you.”


Father, thank you for the brisk weather.  Keeps us moving.  Amen.

No comments: