Wednesday, February 1, 2017

February 1 – “BINGO”

I got a pretty good start on the sermon for Sunday yesterday.  that’s one of those things that will take all week to prepare anyway, so if I can get rolling by Tuesday, I’m happy.  I am especially happy to be back in the study of the Book of Acts.  That’s my favorite Bible book.  All about the church.

I also got started on the games for our SOUPer bowl commercial party Sunday night.  Looks like there will be a BINGO game for sure.  Lots of online help for that one.  I have had ideas of my own for three different approaches to that one.  One would be related to commercials, of course.  One would actually be all football related.  Another would entail totally random things that have more to do with the party and the people there than with what is happening on TV.  I experimented with that one last year, and the focus group seemed to have fun with it.  I might decide to revise the trivia game from last year as well.  The consensus was that it was just too difficult.  Maybe I can just add a dumbed-down version. 

Chris went to her ladies Bible study on the Life of David last night.  I almost had to go too.  She called and said the DVD for the study was in our DVD player here at the house.  She had brought it home earlier in the week to catch up on the session she missed when I was sick last week.  I raced around the house, turning off lights, putting the dogs in their room, and locking up.  And when I went over to the now-open – and empty - DVD player, I remembered distinctly that I returned that DVD to its rightful place in the case after Chris watched it.  Fortunately I hadn’t left yet.  I called her back, and after another, closer check on their end, the missing DVD was found, strangely enough right where I had put it … in its case.  Glad to have dodged that bullet. 

While she was gone I filled in the time doing a little carving.  Not sure if the idea I have will work or not.  We’ll see.  I also watched small parts of Back to the Future III and Forest Gump.  It’s been a long time since I have seen either of those.  Classics. 

Colossians 2:13-15 says, “When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross.  And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.”


Father, thank you again for that Ladies Bible Study.  They seem to be really getting a lot from it.  Amen.

No comments: