Saturday, January 7, 2017

January 7 – “30°”

So close the door already.  Not only was the temperature a balmy 30 degrees when I woke up this morning, the high today is predicted to reach all the way up to 42 sometime this afternoon.  Somebody up North lost the memo that we live on a tropical island paradise down here.  We just don’t do well with cold.  I know.  I know.  Take heart.  We live very near Texas, after all.  The high on Tuesday is going to be in the mid-70’s.  Can’t we just skip over to that now?  What are the positives?  Well, we did light a log in the fireplace last night.  Can’t remember the last time we did that.  And I guess this is a good time to break out any winter fashions that might be gathering dust in the back of the closet.  Hmm.  I’m not sure I even have any winter fashions.  I think Chris does, though.  But then she looks great in whatever she wears. 

I spent a good chunk of time on the phone yesterday with our insurance agent.  The homeowner’s policy we have is renewed on the 8th, so they were trying to find a company that could beat the one we have.  That’s the one that increased the policy by $300 and then claimed it was a computer glitch.  They assured us it would eventually be fixed, so we should just pay the higher premium and trust that they would reimburse us whenever the glitch was fixed.  Nope.  Not good business in my book.  It took up until the last minute, but it looks like we found a different company that wrote the same policy for considerably less.  There were some issues with matching it up with the amount of flood insurance coverage we have, but then there are always issues with flood insurance.  After all, it is run by FEMA. 

We were thinking about going to some high-falutin’ event over at the Moody Mansion last night, but it was just too cold.  So we stayed home, sat on the couch and watched old episodes of Bones.  Sigh.  We are just a couple of died-in-the-wool, old school Romantics, aren’t we?  I love my wife.

Philippians 3:12 says, “Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.”


Father, thank you for a wife who loves to sit by a fire and watch TV and stay warm when it’s really cold outside.  She is, as ever, a great gift.  Amen.

No comments: