Wednesday, January 18, 2017

January 18 – “Thank you”

We had a quick surprise visit from our long-time Seaside friend Sam yesterday.  She stopped by to give us some books she had accumulated.  Some she had bought way back to donate to the church’s school.  There were some really good books, too.  An entire set of Childcraft.  Numerous Classics titles as well.  Don Quixote.  Huckleberry Finn.  Hardy Boys.  Nancy Drew.  I’m not sure why we are accumulating books all of a sudden.  But we’ll get them to a good home, that’s for sure.  Thank you, Sam.

I got a phone call from Lauren yesterday afternoon to tell me the Jamaica Beach fire department had been toned out for a call to Seaside.  Apparently the fire alarm was sounding at the retreat center.  She is on our list as a contact person and was already almost there.  I started out there as well, but she called before I even got past the airport to let me know the fire department was already on sight, had entered the building (it was unlocked), and reset the alarm.  No idea why the alarm went off, though.  Proud of those fire department guys.  And thank you, Lauren.

I had some alone time last night.  Chris went to the kickoff night of the Spring Ladies Bible study at church.  They are doing a Beth Moore study on the life of David.  Oh, I found some stuff to do.  I worked on my Visual Verses book revisions (read here illustrations, as in pictures).  I watched some Baylor basketball for the first time this year.  They are not half bad.  They blew their number one ranking, but I think they are still number six.  I also scanned through the Netflix listings to watch something different.  I finally found a Bruce Willis movie I had never seen.  Some kind of CIA thriller.  It was a good movie.  Predictable, but enough action to keep me awake.  Lots of bad language, though.  Get with the program, Bruce.  That stuff is not needed if the movie is good.  Let it stand on its own merits.  So my take on the evening alone?  Just not sure if I like that so much.  I guess I’m just an old social gadfly at heart.  Thank you for being there for me, Chris.

Philippians 4:19 says, “And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.”


Father, thank you for the great people you have surrounded me with.  I appreciate them.  Amen.

No comments: