Tuesday, January 24, 2017

January 24 – “Window of clarity”

Well, it would appear that I have a full-blown cold.  Hard to tell because I haven’t had one in literally years.  I guess I’ve forgotten what they are like.  But everything from the TV commercial is there.  Itchy, watery eyes.  Scratchy throat.  Sneezing.  Coughing.  Runny nose.  Can’t sleep.  Can’t stay awake.  I followed all the proper procedure yesterday.  Drank enough ice tea to float a boat.  Finished off what little grape juice we had left.  Ate some of Chris’ homemade potato soup (awesome stuff, by the way).  I suppose today will be more of the same.

I tried to deal with the electric company yesterday, too.  I’m trying to get a handle on why their balanced billing amount went up when they have over $700 of our money on account.  We are debating now the pros and cons of going off balanced billing completely and paying as it comes.  That would mean some pretty hefty bills in August, September and October (Those are our high usage months.  Strange, huh?  I would have expected at least July to make a run for it).  We’ll see.

I also spent some time at the computer trying to get some work done.  Not a pretty picture in my condition.  Oh, I got some of the basics out of the way, but the creative stuff, like Sunday’s teaching and Thursday’s Bible Study suffered.  I’m hoping for at least a few days this week where I can see the screen and keyboard clearly.  I’m not so sure what the quarterly discernment meeting report will look like.  Haven’t even started it.  I’ll try to take advantage of the hour or so I usually have of clarity early in the mornings.

Well, speaking of that window of clarity, I better save at least a few minutes of it this morning as well.  What to attempt first?  Here goes …

Colossians 1:13-14 says, “For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.”


Father, I understand that colds are just an aggravating part of living in your beautiful but fallen world.  Help me do the right things to get through this one.  Amen.

No comments: