Friday, January 27, 2017

January 27 – “Coincidentally …”

Day Four of the Cold War has devolved into the cough stage.  Still some residual stuffiness and occasional scratchy throat, but the headache is gone.  I slept in the recliner again, though.  Made it through until 4:30 before waking up.  I will take that on a good night.

I went on a field trip out of the house yesterday.  Well, two of them, actually.  One was just over to WalMart with Chris.  I started printing a few more copies of the Visual Verses book (Got another order in the mail), and since I also had to print the booklets for the discernment report at church, I needed more toner for the printer.  It felt good just to walk around and stretch my legs.  Kind of wore me out, though.

After we got home I got an email from the financial secretary at church.  Seems she had been somehow locked out of the online banking system.  When she called to ask them about it, they wouldn’t even talk to her since she wasn’t also a signer on the account.  On a hunch I dragged myself over to the bank to ask them in person.  Coincidentally, the person I asked about it had recently been promoted to the position of … the one to talk to about just such issues.  She asked for Cathy’s phone number and called her right then to see what was the issue.  Sounded to me like they got it taken care of, but the bank lady also gave her a personal cell number and said to call her later that night if she had problems. Then Cathy asked why she was suddenly getting help now when she had been rebuffed earlier when she had called.  The answer?  “Because Mr. Vaughan is in my office right now and I know him, so I know what you’re doing.  It’s OK.  We’ll get this taken care of.”  When she hung up she told me she was going to get Cathy set up with whatever access she needed.  She would email me the paperwork and all I had to do was get one of our signers to sign it.  Then she asked who our signers were.  I mentioned Cory Anderson, and she stopped me right there.  “Wait.  Cory is a signer?  I know Cory.  And I know where he lives.”  Coincidentally, she lives in Jamaica Beach, too.  And coincidentally, her husband is a Jamaica Beach police officer who works with Cory. 

Coincidentally, coincidence is often a crock.

Colossians 2:2-3 says, “My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.”


Father, thank you for being involved in even some of the most minor details of life … coincidentally.  Amen.

No comments: