Thursday, September 15, 2016

September 15 – “Dreaming … of pies and printing”

I had a strange dream the other night.  No talking or even any action beyond what appeared to be a camera panning back and revealing a pile of snickerdoodles and a pecan pie with one slice cut from it.  However, it had an apple pie crust (not sure how I knew that, but, hey, you’re kind of omniscient in dreams, so it didn’t matter).  And there was a stream of milk pouring over the entire pies in slow motion.  Any thoughts on dream meanings?  I’m sure there is something significant in there beyond the fact that we ordered snickerdoodle cookie dough from Cailyn for her school fund raiser.  I mean, what about the apple pie crusted pecan pie?  I love apple pie.  Not so much pecan pie.  And why would anyone pour milk over a perfectly good slice of pie?  I could definitely use some psychobabble insight here.

On the work front, yesterday was sermon day.  I had to figure out a way to make a study of a sermon Peter preached into a sermon I will preach.  Maybe I’ll get interrupted by the Holy Spirit like he did …

Speaking of dreaming … I also spent some time working on my book.  Not the Hurricane Ike one.  I’ve kind of finished that one already, but I figure I’ll wait until the tenth anniversary to try to get it published.  That’ll give me two more years to save up some money.  So I have had enough requests for my Visual Verses book that I am finally trying to put something together.  I’m afraid the printing is just going to have to be me and some toner in my HP Officejet.  Self-printing costs with an outside company are just off the roof (now that’s a saying I haven’t used or even heard in a long time.  Is the preposition even the right one?  Off the roof?  Out of the roof?  Up on the roof?   Great song.  Makes little sense.  That’s what give it such great appeal).  And now you can see why it’ll be a while before I’m finished, anyway.  (Not that I constantly amuse myself with tirades and speculations and editorial comments.  If you see me seeming to drift away, it could be that something you have said has inspired me to new depths of ponderism.  Welcome to my oh-so-fun world).  So, the book.  It’s not quite halfway done yet.  It will be a devotional guide of sorts.  One Visual Verse and a short, two-paragraph devotional thought introduction for each of the 52 weeks of the year.  The VV’s are all done, but doing the intros and laying them out in a doable, printable format is taking forever.  Anybody want to pre-order a home-printed, not-professionally bound copy?  Not sure how much it will cost yet, but, hey, take a chance. 

2 Corinthians 2:14 says, “But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him.”


Father, thank you for the weird, wonderful brain you stuck in my head.  It has served me (and I hope you) well for a long time.  Keep those crazy inspirations coming.  Amen.

1 comment:

Robert Mundy said...

Dream Interpretation? Hmmm ... I hear that some guy name Joseph is really great at dream interpretation, when he is inspired.