Wednesday, September 14, 2016

September 14 -“On backs and fronts”

I didn’t sleep so well the night before last.  My back was pretty sore, from fishing, I guess.  No, I don’t guess.  That’s what it was from.  I woke up at 2 a.m. and never really did more than catnap up until I got out of bed at 5:45.  Then we headed over to water exercise.  Got there late, too, so we couldn’t do any warming up.  There were a few of the exercises that aggravated my back this time.  But my joints are still feeling pretty good.  I go back to the rheumatologist on Friday, so we’ll here his take on where I am with that right now.  Hoping for some good news on the joint front to make up for the not so good news from the back.  Did I get all that straight?  Front joints … Back back.  Sounds right …

Last night I went to a girls’ volleyball.  One of our Seaside kids is playing on the O’Connell JV team, and this was the first home game I could check out.  Grace’s Mom told me she is one of several on the team who have never played before this year.  There are only six girls on the team right now, too.  But because of the small number, all of the girls are getting a lot of experience on the court.  They lost the match (is that what you call two out of three games in volleyball?), but the scores were pretty impressive to me.  25 to 18 in the first game and 25 to 19 in the second.  I pretty proud of the girls’ effort and their readiness to encourage each other after virtually every play.  They really had each other’s backs.  I saw one of the varsity games, too.  Now they were really good.  Several of them had three black stripes on their shirts.  I assumed that meant they were three-year lettermen, er, letter-women.  They totally outclassed their opponents last night, though.  Nice job all the way around, there, O’Connell Ladies Volleyball.

Oh, and by the way … I slept really well last night.  Might have been a function of waiting up for Chris to get home from her Ladies Bible Study at the church.  Sounded like it went really well.  It was the front side - the kickoff night - for a new study of the Armor of God.  They are following a teaching series by Priscilla Shirer.  A little less than half of the ladies were regular Seasiders.  The rest were locals who were looking for some deep Bible study or for some friends to fellowship with.  Know anybody who wants in on it?  Every Tuesday at 6:30.  OK.  Commercial is over.

2 Corinthians 1:21-22 says, “Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.”


Father, thank you for the group of ladies who are gathering to learn more about you.  Bless their efforts.  Amen.

No comments: